Such a solution combined with the innovative design of the machine allows the achievement of sawing performance and quality similar to wide-band frame sawing machines with a 100 mm wide band. However, operating costs, such as electricity consumption and the price of the band, are incomparably lower.
The band frame sawing machine is equipped with many innovative solutions, significantly increasing the performance and accuracy of cutting, such as:
- 800 mm guiding wheels with the PK-type belt for maximum service life of the blade.
- 60 mm wide cutting blade with a 2 mm Stellite blade and the 25 mm tooth pitch, increasing sawing speed by 30%, operating intervals between saw change up to 3 hours.
- double-sided, emulsion-cooled guiding slides that reduce friction during the sawing process, which has a direct impact on lower energy consumption, higher cutting speeds and noise reduction.
- double-sided chain-controlled longitudinal drive of the cutting head.
- precise and fast chain positioning of the cutting head 30 mm/s.
- extended efficient hydraulic system for the unobstructed manoeuvring of large logs up to 5 tonnes, possibility of changing hydraulic tools.
- machine track substructure made of solid hollow profiles (200 mm x 120 mm x 6 mm) supported on both sides.
Trak-Met based in Biskupiec, Poland, is currently the first and only manufacturer in the world – since 2012 – with serial production of band frame sawing machines using the cutting process with the 60 mm wide standard sawing band or the Stellite blade and the 25 mm tooth pitch. In terms of the process, the quality and performance while sawing with the wide-band frame sawing machine is achieved, and the lowest operation-to-performance ratio is maintained.